SEN & Disability
Heathmere is an inclusive school. Our vision is that every child with SEND will receive the right provision to achieve their full potential. The school encourages a strong focus on high aspirations and improves outcomes for children with SEND, enabling them to succeed in their education.
At Heathmere Primary School, every teacher is a teacher of every child, including those with special educational needs and disabilities.
Heathmere’s approach to inclusion
- Offering inclusive teaching will enable all pupils to make the best progress as early as possible in school
- To fully adopt the graduated approach to ensure that all pupils with special educational needs and disabilities are identified, assessed and catered for within the school
- To ensure that high-quality teaching is differentiated for individual pupils and that this is the first step in responding to pupils who have or may have SEND
- To overcome potential barriers to learning for individuals and groups of pupils so that the curriculum is accessible to all
- To work in partnership with pupils, parents and carers
- To work towards inclusion in partnership with other agencies and schools
- To achieve a high level of staff expertise to meet pupils’ needs
SEND Information Report
The Heathmere SEND Information Report outlines how the needs of children with special educational needs are met at Heathmere.
More information about the Local Offer of services and support for children and young people with special needs and disabilities in Wandsworth can be found on the Family Information Service website.
Our SENCO is Mrs Nana Kennedy. You can contact her via the school office firstname.lastname@example.org.